MabiPro Community Spotlight - June 2017
Posted at 06-16-17, 02:30 am Link | #1
Drahan GM

Last post: 42 days
Last view: 8 days

MabiPro Community Spotlight - June 2017

Welcome to our Community Spotlight, where we engage with our wonderful community, discuss the game's status, and discuss upcoming content for MabiPro!

MabiPro has not had a Community Spotlight for 4 months. For this reason, we've decided to make a new spotlight monthly starting with June 2017.

Fan Art

Our community is filled with great artists, so we wanted to show off some of the art that they have created!

Brace for Impact by curry

After a fearful introduction to Metus, where the Arch Lich lies, the artist prepares their Fireball to attack the raging mobs for massive damage, while their partner hides from the uprising insanity.
The environment, while dark, shows a really powerful image describing what you will experience as you step onto Metus. The artist did a really excellent job at capturing the environment in this artwork. Keep it up!

Coffee Bean Shop by chinastu

This cute artwork, created by Chi, shows herself working in a coffee shop. Don't let her charming eyes sway your purchasing decisions!

All fanart was done and found from the unofficial Community Discord Server, hosted by Sonata. Please keep in mind that you can also post your artwork in the forums as well!
We're aware there is a LOT more art than we've featured here, so don't feel left out if yours didn't make it on this post!

Interviews

Today brings up the perfect opportunity to interview to the our community and for this month, we're going to ask what they like about MabiPro, some suggestions for the server, and advices for new upcoming people who want to try out MabiPro.

So the first question we're going to ask in our interview is the following:
Q: What do you like about MabiPro? What motivates you to stay around in this server?

Posted by Waffo
I've always enjoyed Mabinogi. I've been with the game since Generation 2 and never let go of it.
However, I never was fond of the direction the game went in. The insatiable powercreep, although unavoidable for a game built like this, was never fun to be a part of; especially when the vast majority of the items that helped you become strong were locked behind a pay and time wall.
Speaking of that, far too much of the games enjoyable items are locked behind random chance. Also the art and design for the game took a odd turn. Too many modern day items stood out like sore thumbs in the game otherwise nice original art style.
On top of that, the combat reworks and rebalancing completly changed how the game needed to be played. So naturaly when I heard of a private server for Mabinogi that focused on the gameplay that I knew best sprang up, I had to check it out.
I came for the gameplay, but stayed for the new community. Playing this game has been a solo experience for me ever since the vast majority of my older friends left this game and seemingly cut communications with each other.
Being able to fight with friends or meet new faces in Dunberton has brought a lot of new oppurtunities for enjoyment in this game for me. Also, because now that I'm also helping importing items into the game, I get to learn more about the backend systerms of the game that I love. I don't see myself going anywhere for a very long time.

Posted by Selzyr
What do I like about MabiPro...that's a hard one right from the start huh?
Appart from the community and the devs being awesome, I would say the old feel of Mabinogi without having the "p2w" aspects of the official servers,
adding to that, what been motivating me to be extremely active is the fact that the devs care and keep the server updated and meaningfull, the guild helps a lot too, some old members joined the server and we reformed the guild
and all the new members are amazing.

Posted by despair
The thing I like most about this server is the fact that there's even an active player community to begin with. I'm usually afk on the official network for lack of interaction mostly. I've made a few friends here, and if not for that, I probably would stay mostly behind-the-scenes.

Excellent responses!
Here is our next question:
Q: Do you have any meaningful suggestions for this server? What do you like to see to be improved later on?

Posted by Waffo
Because of the limitations of what we can actually do with this state of the game, I dont really have much to say here.
Perhaps, if possible, expand the dev team that can work on decompiling and reverse engiering the game so we can get even more things fixed or added.
But I realise that is a exceedingly large undertaking, and that they are probbaly already working on it. I would just work on keep adding small bits of content like new items, shadow missions, dungeons, and skills if possible.

Posted by Selzyr
Meaningfull suggestions, this is a hard one too, the devs been working quite hard to keep the server relevant. But, overall, crafting, I'd say that crafting needs a bit of love that Nexon/DevCat never had any true plans to give.
I would say give a bit more meaning to carpentry and more sets to all skillsets.On this note, there's more cool looking gear avaible at this moment on the Official server, importing some of that said gear with status effects like the Thames/Birnam/Cressida/Hebona etc set's and implementing these crafting wise would make crafting more enjoyable overall I'd say.
And to top it up, keep the new Shadow Missions comming? I didn't do many runs on the new one sadly enough been focusing on the crafting, but from what I can tell, people enjoyed something new and fresh! heck better job then Nexon/DevCat

Posted by despair
I'd probably adjust the dungeon drop lists....if anything, the chance at getting a few more mid-to-endgame weapons would be nice, especially seeing as how mostly everyone is mid-level player by now.
As for the future, we'll have to see.

Sounds good so far! I do like those suggestions, we'll definitely look into some of them.
Here's the last question we wanted to ask:
Q: Any quotes or advices to give for new upcoming players?

Posted by Waffo
Dont be shy! Talk to everyone you meet if you can!
Everyone here in this server is here for the same reason: They love this game, and want to experience again with friends.
But, if not for your sake, for the sake of others. People are always in need of help doing something and some people ive noticed had trouble coming up to others to talk to ask for help. So be social, and friendly!
Oh, and dont advertise this server while on the live server.

Posted by Selzyr
Rank Windmill and Refining to 1 first! HAH! *cough* Now seriously, welcome to the server first and foremost I'd say make friends and enjoy the game for what it is on this version, put your own objectives, interact with the community and devs, can't say enough how I do enjoy the community here!

Posted by despair
We've got a guide to 2010 Mabinogi on the website (thanks Ausar, you can find his guide here), and search Mabinogi World Wiki from Jan 2010-Sep 2011 just by simply clicking on the View History tab. Be nice to others. Start off with a human, since character cards are still not possible. Above all, have fun.

I would like to thank waffo, Selzyr, and despair for taking the time to answer these questions. If you are interested in engaging for the next interview, we highly recommend you let us know and we'll keep in touch.

Upcoming Content

Next up, we'd like to talk about some upcoming new features for MabiPro.

Summer Gachapon

This summer we're stepping up our game for creations. New item imports are being made and the Summer Gachapon is now being released. We're excited to hear feedback to the players for the new Summer Gachapon.
To get the Summer Gachapon, you must go to Shyla and talk to her, it will require 50 Red Fomorian Coins which you can acquire by engaging in combat with monsters.

New NPC

We're also introducing a new NPC into the game. His name is Bresal and he is indeed a fishermen. You'll be able to trade fish to him in exchange for Exploration Points. We're looking into improving some life skills, and we believe fishing will be our first step. We will be definitely be looking into other improvements, fishing and other life skills included.

Courcle Expansion

We've got some big plans for Courcle.
Unfortunately, we may not see this update for a while, as it's still in the works!
There's not much we can reveal yet, but stay tuned! We're very excited for these updates.

Conclusion

This will conclude our MabiPro Community Spotlight for June 2017.
Please leave us feedback, so we can improve!
We thank you for reading, and we thank you for spending your time on MabiPro!
Posted at 06-16-17, 03:52 am Link | #2
LazyFae
Still a casual gamer

Last post: 723 days
Last view: 718 days
Don't wanna gush, so simply put well done. I have my own nitpicks when playing, but i do enjoy the game and participating in the community now and then. More so lurking though.

Feedback, well do you want feedback on the spotlight or on things that were touched on, say courcle expansion as an example? For the former, i'd encourage making honest use of the forums and possibly announcements section in the unofficial discord. I know people will check discord from their phone, while at say work so they can't be in game.

Others such as myself, will watch the forums for thread titles that catch the eye more than watching discord. Quite simply, thread titles make it easy to find something, and the topic of discussion, or original intention anyway, can be clearly conveyed through the title. Ie, quick skim of titles, you found a topic you're interested in, and can quickly scan the thread for something interesting, or read in more depth if you have time, then reply at your own convenience without feeling you've missed out. So upping the forum usage, while i know it may get annoying to watch in tandem with other possible outlets, can still be a great convenience for those more pressed on time or only watching for specific/important topics.
Discord: Tonkatunk#7079
https://github.com/Tonkatunk/Mabi-Pro-Lazyfae-Mods
Posted at 06-16-17, 04:52 am Link | #3
Zakarii

Last post: 2153 days
Last view: 227 days
Awesome ideas and work guys! So happy to have you guys~
Posted at 06-16-17, 05:08 am Link | #4
Drahan GM

Last post: 42 days
Last view: 8 days
Don't wanna gush, so simply put well done. I have my own nitpicks when playing, but i do enjoy the game and participating in the community now and then. More so lurking though.

Feedback, well do you want feedback on the spotlight or on things that were touched on, say courcle expansion as an example? For the former, i'd encourage making honest use of the forums and possibly announcements section in the unofficial discord. I know people will check discord from their phone, while at say work so they can't be in game.

Others such as myself, will watch the forums for thread titles that catch the eye more than watching discord. Quite simply, thread titles make it easy to find something, and the topic of discussion, or original intention anyway, can be clearly conveyed through the title. Ie, quick skim of titles, you found a topic you're interested in, and can quickly scan the thread for something interesting, or read in more depth if you have time, then reply at your own convenience without feeling you've missed out. So upping the forum usage, while i know it may get annoying to watch in tandem with other possible outlets, can still be a great convenience for those more pressed on time or only watching for specific/important topics.

Whatever feedback you can give is appreciated, on the spotlight or things that were touched on.
We're working on some stuff which will make it easier for people to engage in forum conversations (thread watcher, in-game notifications, etc), however Discord is likely to be included in those features.
Posted at 06-16-17, 05:37 am Link | #5
LazyFae
Still a casual gamer

Last post: 723 days
Last view: 718 days
Well, in terms of honest content, i have concerns about the fish for exp thing. Hopefully it won't be an issue, for reasons like being well balanced actually, but it seems an easy way to get exploration levels, for virtually doing nothing. I mean, myself for example, will watch videos, play other games, or just simply browse on my pc a lot during the day. Leave mabi in the background, even if my net's too bad to play, i'm now afk fishing to net essentially free ap.

Switching to more malicious intent, or simply self-profit, botting. I don't know how well botting is monitored on this server tbh, but if the person is just fishing and periodically cleaning inv, how well can you protect from botting? It doesn't even sound like a case of, player a fishes and gets exploration points. It's a case of player a fishes, gets item that is tradeable, and uses that for exploration points. 3 accounts per mabi.pro player, multi-clienting is allowed. So ignoring the fact that botting is not allowed, a person can easily set up 3 chars to afk fish on one pc, and it's not very suspicious. Then all 3 chars will give all the fish to player a, who then turns them in. Voila, probably 2-2.5x the fishing exp, assuming player a has ranked fishing skill slightly.

So again, i hope it won't ever be a concern, but i worry about ap become increasingly easier to get, especially as we already get 2x ap per level anyway, on top of double combat xp rewards and such.
Discord: Tonkatunk#7079
https://github.com/Tonkatunk/Mabi-Pro-Lazyfae-Mods
Terms