Information about the recent unexpected server maintenances (rev. 1 by Drahan on 03-02-17, 01:52 am)
Posted at 03-02-17, 01:51 am Link | #1
Drahan GM

Last post: 42 days
Last view: 7 days
This post is to address the recent unexpected server maintenances that have occurred over the past few days and to explain what has been happening.

I try to stay as transparent as possible with our community and I feel that you have the right to know why these maintenances have occurred and why your player experience has been affected by these issues without us specifying a decent reason before.

Here is a list of the specific maintenance events that this is to address:
3-1-17
2-28-17
2-27-17

These events were all to address the same critical issue - our database server has been going offline unexpectedly.

This results in players being unable to join the game, player data of currently online players to stop saving, pets being unable to summon, messenger to stop working, etc etc. Essentially, everything stops working.
The game being unable to access the database causes it to stay frozen in that state until a full server restart brings it to the state it was in when the database crashed.

This has resulted in server rollbacks up to periods of 1 hour on several occasions now, and I apologize greatly for being unable to properly handle these issues and address them as server owner and administrator.

We as a team try our best to keep the player experience as best as it possibly can, and I feel that as a server administrator I have failed my primary purpose so again I apologize for the inconvenience that these events have caused.

Technical details:

We will try our best to make sure that these issues never happen again.
Posted at 03-02-17, 02:04 am Link | #2
lycoris

Last post: 1971 days
Last view: 1966 days
Thank you for this post, I was just wondering this and was hoping it wasn't someone trying to attack the server! Don't worry, you haven't failed in the slightest, some technical hiccups and optimization tweaks are a natural part of a growing game like this.
Posted at 03-02-17, 02:04 am Link | #3
noah18324

Last post: 1845 days
Last view: 1789 days
Atleast y'all fix bugs compared to nexon
Posted at 03-02-17, 06:31 am Link | #4
forlornpath

Last post: 2572 days
Last view: 2316 days
As far as i'm concerned i think you guys are doing a wonderful and extraordinary job of maintaining/coding/debugging/translating this server better than nexon could ever do to their own servers... Not only that you all as GM's help in whatever way you can, heck you guys even PLAY with us... that can't be said for any of the other games now a days, not just live mabi... so do what you have to and know at least for me and my little group of friends that we're here to stay no matter how big the server issues are because we love old mabi that much and we don't want to let it go again! You're community loves you guys so keep up the good work! <3
Terms