Content Poll #4
Posted at 01-01-18, 02:48 am Link | #1
Arisa GM

Last post: 1081 days
Last view: 49 days
It's time for Content Poll #4! The questions will be posted below in advance of voting beginning. All questions are Yes or No answers, and you will be free to skip any of them that you're not sure about. Voting will begin ingame on January 3. As usual, for a question to pass, at least 75% of voters must have said Yes.

Please note that votes are always audited and that voting with alts is not allowed.

First off, there's some questions about increasing stack sizes! We propose increasing the stack sizes of ores from mining significantly, because currently it doesn't make much sense to mine when you can use metallurgy to get much more compact ores (and gems!). Also, in the last content poll, it was voted that alchemy crystal stack sizes should be doubled. This poll will decide if they get doubled yet again.

QUESTION #1
Should the stack sizes of wheat and barley be increased to 10?

QUESTION #2
Should the stack sizes of all ores (not ore fragments) be increased to 50? This would make them slightly more space efficient than ore fragments.

QUESTION #3
Should the stack size of mana preservation stones be increased to 25?

QUESTION #4
Should the stack sizes of all alchemy crystals be doubled for a second time?

Followed by some questions about cosmetic changes to spirit weapons:

QUESTION #5
Should it be possible to dye spirit weapons?

QUESTION #6
The glowing effect of an equipped spirit weapon changes color based on its social level. Should the rate at which this color changes be increased?

Historically the Refining skill has been notorious for being difficult to rank because of the failures required. We have the ability to make failures less important to rank the skill:

QUESTION #7
Should failures be made much less critical for ranking the Refining skill?

Previous content polls only made Composing ranks accessible one at a time. Why don't we just do all the rest and get it over with?

QUESTION #8
Currently, the Composing skill is capped at rank 5. Should the remaining skill books needed to reach rank 1 become available? They would be found as drops or rewards rather than bought from shops.

It is a minor change, but it may be convenient for characters starting in places other than Tir Chonaill to have access to skill resets without needing to travel to Duncan. We propose allowing Alexina, Castanea and King Krug to perform skill resets as well as Duncan. Additionally, if you have a character at total level 100 then the game considers you to be a seasoned player - but since on MabiPro many starter skills start at rank E, this can be problematic for assistant characters created after reaching total level 100 with your human. We propose checking if the character itself is at least total level 100, rather than if the account has any character that is at least total level 100.

QUESTION #9
Currently, Duncan is the only NPC that can reset the skills of a player who has not yet reached total level 100. Should Alexina, Castanea and Krug also provide this service?

QUESTION #10
Should it be possible to reset the skills of a character whose total level is less than 100 even if there is another character on the same account that has reached a total level of 100?

It has been suggested that ancient medals from the elf/giant trans quests become possible to trade:

QUESTION #11
Should it be possible to trade Ancient Medals with other players?

For some reason, new players start with the Blaze skill at rank E. None of us can remember why that is, but Blaze at rank E has a higher skill CP than any other starter skill does at rank 1. We propose making it possible to remove Blaze from your character. You would be able to ask Shyla to remove Blaze for free.

QUESTION #12
Should it be possible to voluntarily unlearn the Blaze skill if it has not been ranked past rank E? Players can reacquire Blaze by completing the questline for obtaining the skill. If this questline is completed, Blaze cannot be removed. The amount of AP required to rank Blaze from F to E will be refunded if rank E Blaze is removed from a character. Blaze will no longer appear as a starter skill for new players.

This next question is pretty self explanatory, but we may impose a small minimum donation amount to receive the title. Contributions to Patoots' editor fund will count.

QUESTION #13
Should players who have donated to the server receive a special title? The title will be purely cosmetic and can be worn in addition to another title.

Next are some various buffs to combat skills that were requested by players. The changes to Taunt and Sand Burst would fix a problem where it becomes impossible to train the skill after reaching a certain CP.

QUESTION #14
Should the distance from which Hailstorm can reach enemies be increased?

QUESTION #15
Should the time it takes to set up a tower cylinder be reduced from 5 to 3 seconds?

QUESTION #16
Should the Taunt skill affect enemies that have higher CP?

QUESTION #17
Should the Sand Burst skill be able to blind enemies that have higher CP?

Some proposals to make items available in shops:

QUESTION #18
Should trade unlock potions be added to Shyla's shop?

QUESTION #19
Should it be possible to buy alchemy crystals from shops in locations other than Tailteann or Tara?

And finally, some cosmetic changes:

QUESTION #20
Should metallurgy spots be given name tags so that they are easier to see during the day?

QUESTION #21
Should NPC "residents" appear in Dunbarton, like those in Tara, Tailteann, or Cor Village?

QUESTION #22
Should Nao's face no longer appear on the red moon Eweca?

QUESTION #23
Should it be possible to dye gold pouches and item bags?

Feel free to discuss these questions in the comments of this post! Voting will begin ingame on January 3, and continue for at least a week.
Posted at 01-01-18, 02:50 am Link | #2
Primate

Last post: 517 days
Last view: 60 days
yes now i can sell my warhammer to people
Posted at 01-01-18, 02:56 am Link | #3
auburn

Last post: 1943 days
Last view: 1816 days
quit trollin me drah
post rev. 1 by Patogoloso on 01-01-18, 04:54 am
Posted at 01-01-18, 03:07 am Link | #4
Patogoloso

Last post: 2240 days
Last view: 1101 days
1: K
2: I think 40 would be cooler to make it equivalent
3: Have no idea really
4: I think it's good rn but i'm no endgame alchemist
5: Egoistically (pun intended) yes, realistically no Maybe just ultra rare event prize/untradable drop (or just make stuff like this obtainable through obsolete SM's/dungeons/activities so those get a 2nd chance)
6: It would be cool for sure but also would kill the "specialness" of leaving yellow behind. Maybe just A BIT.
7: Honestly yes, but without making it overkill. Leave it a bit tricky.
8: Every skill uncap sounds good to me
9: Minor change, why not?
10: Definitely yes. Only because it is really ambiguous like it is now.
11: No ^^. I understand that quest was intended to be frustrating.
12: If people are cool with it then okay.
13: Yes of course. All of my yes.
14: I don't know.
15: Idk
16: I have yet to train Taunt but if there is an issue where you get can stuck it'd be cool to fix it.
17: idk but i'd say yes because i haven't seen it used really.
18: This is a BIG decision that deserves a whole different thread. I'm not sure and would like to read opinions.
19: Yes
20: Only if it doesn't say the material. Just to make metallurgy easier for example in the Falls site where it gets tricky to see the spots.
21: I'm up for that, make em cute and maybe some theme related
22: Aw. I'd say keep the Nao moon
23: Yes definitely.

Ayla
Posted at 01-01-18, 03:08 am Link | #5
Frobozz

Last post: 1602 days
Last view: 966 days
A lot of this is pretty good, but even if the alchemy crystal stack changes don't hit from this poll, I hope the NPCs that sell crystals start selling them in our current max stack of 100. Its tedious having to stack them ourselves, especially when you buy 4000+ a restock
Posted at 01-01-18, 03:10 am Link | #6
Arisa GM

Last post: 1081 days
Last view: 49 days
A lot of this is pretty good, but even if the alchemy crystal stack changes don't hit from this poll, I hope the NPCs that sell crystals start selling them in our current max stack of 100. Its tedious having to stack them ourselves, especially when you buy 4000+ a restock

Yes, we were planning to make this change without polling it
post rev. 2 by Excelsian on 01-01-18, 03:47 am
Posted at 01-01-18, 03:46 am Link | #7
Excelsian

Last post: 1901 days
Last view: 955 days
With the setup time for tower cylinder, will that be to deploy and break down or only deploy?

Furthermore regarding the poll (skipping whatever is kinda known what the result will be/answer is mostly determined by personal opinion):

#10 Yes, all the current system does is promote people to just make a char on a different account to benefit from the lvl 100 resetting, instead of creating it on their main account with all their pets/shared bank tabs.

#13 Yes, anything as long as it doesn't give a game play related advantage is fine for me to give to donators.

#15 Yes please.

#18 I like exclusive enchants/special upped gear purely because you can't just pay yourself to endgame gear by farming tons of cash for someone else.

I'd also like to know whether stuff like fragmentation/synthesis is ever going to get uncapped, and whether metal conversion could get some quality of life changes (since using it to convert unknown ore just takes too long, there is a thread on this).

I'm also kinda disappointed to see trade unlocks on the list but not enchant protection (or enchant system rework but that's probably unfeasible (right?)).
Posted at 01-01-18, 06:33 am Link | #8
Rarolina

Last post: 1137 days
Last view: 1068 days
#9 I'd like to see an NPC in Dunbarton also provide this service on top of those listed.
Posted at 01-01-18, 06:39 am Link | #9
Flipend0 GM

Last post: 10 days
Last view: 10 days
With the setup time for tower cylinder, will that be to deploy and break down or only deploy?

Deploy and break down.
Posted at 01-01-18, 06:41 am Link | #10
gmerc

Last post: 2004 days
Last view: 1556 days
2: I think 40 would be cooler to make it equivalent

the stack for 2x2 ore could be 100 and it would still be worse than metallurgy. for mining to even come close to "equivalent" pickaxes or the ore piles themselves need looking at. this will just make it less moronic when you get ore from fragmentation
Posted at 01-01-18, 10:11 am Link | #11
reislerena

Last post: 774 days
Last view: 658 days
Translator
On increasing all stack sizes, always good to have more inventory~ particularly question 3 though, why not do away with evap as a whole? The preservation stones are both inefficient and annoying to control when you want/don't want to use them, and even the largest don't do much for a dedicated mage anyway. Then again this probably deserves its own thread so...

Refining is always a frustration wall to anyone who plans to ever rank it, because they know it's easiest early on when base dex is low, and abandon any and all character development involving dex just to get it out of the way in one go. A change like question 7 would be very welcome by everyone who has yet to rank it.

On question 8... YES, finally, been looking forward to this <3
While you're at it though... Can you make score scrolls bankable/pet storable? Please? They're already able to be traded by default but not stored, and it's quite a pain for anyone carrying multiple scrolls ><

#14 is important. As the only form of advanced magic we have, hailstorm is a joke. Its extremely short range and prevention of movement, on top of its long startup time and high mana cost, make it a gimmick at best, as it is often simply outclassed by cc+4 firebolt.

#22... Why? We like Nao <3
Posted at 01-01-18, 02:00 pm Link | #12
JustaDan

Last post: 2154 days
Last view: 2045 days
I apologize for the wall of text, wanted to give my opinion on everything. This poll seems relatively harmless across the board though, I imagine it will be a clean sweep of yes's.

QUESTION #1
Should the stack sizes of wheat and barley be increased to 10? Sure.

QUESTION #2
Should the stack sizes of all ores (not ore fragments) be increased to 50? This would make them slightly more space efficient than ore fragments. Sure, show mining some love! xD IMO I prefer mining to metal for some reason, something more satisfying about mining to me..

QUESTION #3
Should the stack size of mana preservation stones be increased to 25? Sure, no harm in that, I imagine mages are having to carry TONS of those around anyway.

QUESTION #4
Should the stack sizes of all alchemy crystals be doubled for a second time? Sure for basically same reason, carrying tons as is.

QUESTION #5
Should it be possible to dye spirit weapons? I don't see why not, but aren't there special dyes for this?

QUESTION #6
The glowing effect of an equipped spirit weapon changes color based on its social level. Should the rate at which this color changes be increased? I'm a bit confused on this wording, does it mean should Spirit Weapon exp rates be 2x? Cause if so.. that sounds kinda nice. But at the same time, Spirits are supposed to be gold/time sinks.. uhhhh I don't use spirits much so I guess I'm fairly indifferent either way. But I'd be leaning to yes if it's a mere 2x spirit weapon gains.

QUESTION #7
Should failures be made much less critical for ranking the Refining skill?
Failures are kind of a pain.. but at the same time most annoying skills have a pain associated with them.. then again most isn't RNG based lol. Sure, would ease it a little bit. (maybe I might be able to finally finish r2 if this happens xD)

QUESTION #8
Currently, the Composing skill is capped at rank 5. Should the remaining skill books needed to reach rank 1 become available? They would be found as drops or rewards rather than bought from shops. LET THE MUSIC PLAY

QUESTION #9
Currently, Duncan is the only NPC that can reset the skills of a player who has not yet reached total level 100. Should Alexina, Castanea and Krug also provide this service? No harm in that, sure.

QUESTION #10
Should it be possible to reset the skills of a character whose total level is less than 100 even if there is another character on the same account that has reached a total level of 100? Yeah, that benefits those wanting to use the Alliance cards I believe.

QUESTION #11
Should it be possible to trade Ancient Medals with other players? Sure, those things are annoying as is xD

QUESTION #12
Should it be possible to voluntarily unlearn the Blaze skill if it has not been ranked past rank E? Players can reacquire Blaze by completing the questline for obtaining the skill. If this questline is completed, Blaze cannot be removed. The amount of AP required to rank Blaze from F to E will be refunded if rank E Blaze is removed from a character. Blaze will no longer appear as a starter skill for new players.
Sure.

QUESTION #13
Should players who have donated to the server receive a special title? The title will be purely cosmetic and can be worn in addition to another title. Let the people who go beyond to help the server be recognized. Sounds good!

QUESTION #14
Should the distance from which Hailstorm can reach enemies be increased? Yeah, could do with a lil bit of a buff.

QUESTION #15
Should the time it takes to set up a tower cylinder be reduced from 5 to 3 seconds? If this makes Towers viable somehow I'm all for it lol

QUESTION #16
Should the Taunt skill affect enemies that have higher CP? Yes, let me get beat up by EVERYTHING xD

QUESTION #17
Should the Sand Burst skill be able to blind enemies that have higher CP? Yes, let me throw sand at EVERYTHING!

QUESTION #18
Should trade unlock potions be added to Shyla's shop? Hmm.. I don't think I see a harm in this one.
Sure, let's sell EVERYTHING I OWN XD

QUESTION #19
Should it be possible to buy alchemy crystals from shops in locations other than Tailteann or Tara? Would certainly help, bout time all the towns pick up on Alchemy anyway xD

QUESTION #20
Should metallurgy spots be given name tags so that they are easier to see during the day? QoL change, sure.

QUESTION #21
Should NPC "residents" appear in Dunbarton, like those in Tara, Tailteann, or Cor Village? Doesn't really matter tbh. Why not.

QUESTION #22
Should Nao's face no longer appear on the red moon Eweca? WHO SUGGESTED THIS? NAO IS BAE,
YOU LEAVE HER FACE ALONE. SHE IS THE GODDESS

QUESTION #23
Should it be possible to dye gold pouches and item bags? wat? I guess? Sure go for it. DYE EVERYTHING
[Posted by Florel on 01-01-18, 04:12 pm, deleted by Florel]
Posted at 01-01-18, 06:43 pm Link | #14
epsilon

Last post: 2257 days
Last view: 1809 days
Translator
If just cosmetic for donor title, I think it might be cooler to have some sort of visual effect as well instead of just a boring text
Posted at 01-02-18, 03:35 am Link | #15
Nickel

Last post: 1957 days
Last view: 1777 days
+1 for visual effect title.

would love to donate if my account weren't in the red
Posted at 01-02-18, 02:35 pm Link | #16
Fruttielicious

Last post: 1602 days
Last view: 1308 days
Love'd to see trade unlock pots become available, that way I won't have to burn/throw away my old gear. And help someone else in the proces.
Posted at 01-03-18, 02:09 am Link | #17
joshliljj

Last post: 2277 days
Last view: 1526 days
1. YES
2. YES
3. YES
4. YES
5. YES
6. DON’T REALLY CARE
7. NEVER REALLY DONE REFINING BUT I ALWAYS SEE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT HAVING TO FAIL
8. YEAH WE NEED THAT INT
9. SURE WHY NOT
10. YES I HAVE A COUPLE CHARACTERS UNDER 100 THAT I MESSED UP SKILLING
11. NAH
12. SURE
13. YEAH
14. NEVER USED HAILSTORM
15. YEAH BOY
16. YEAH
17. YEET
18. YEAH
19. OH PLEASE YES
20. YEAH KIND OF ANNOYING TO SEE
21. AHH DON’T REALLY CARE
22. NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE TBH
23. SURE WHY NOT?
Posted at 01-03-18, 02:32 am Link | #18
Espy

Last post: 1356 days
Last view: 232 days
My ego is a Muramasa. You can't use fixed metal dyes on the blade those but if you enable recoloring egos, will I able to use a fixed metal dye?
post rev. 1 by gmerc on 01-03-18, 08:55 am
Posted at 01-03-18, 08:55 am Link | #19
gmerc

Last post: 2004 days
Last view: 1556 days
The preservation stones are both inefficient
Turning 30 MP into 100 MP is just so inefficient, y'all. Same goes for turning 50 into 200 and 100 into 300.
Posted at 01-03-18, 09:17 am Link | #20
lycoris

Last post: 1971 days
Last view: 1966 days
The inefficiency is not in the MP amount, it's in the absurdly fiddly nature of creating them, which involves counting out items in single synthesis and unstackable small gems that are impossible to gather in bulk. Making those stones makes me very sad.
Terms