Posted at 03-15-18, 10:39 pm Link | #21
Flipend0 GM

Last post: 10 days
Last view: 10 days
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but what are the limitations on the types of pets available on this server? Are new pets going to be added or just the popular useful ones

I see it as a possibility to add new pets in the game. I guess the only limitation we have now would be having a full understanding of the entire pet system. We definitely do have experimental pets in the works. When we do get a pmg editor I will be very interested to create my own pet from scratch.
Posted at 03-17-18, 09:32 pm Link | #22
chems

Last post: 2237 days
Last view: 921 days
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but what are the limitations on the types of pets available on this server? Are new pets going to be added or just the popular useful ones

I see it as a possibility to add new pets in the game. I guess the only limitation we have now would be having a full understanding of the entire pet system. We definitely do have experimental pets in the works. When we do get a pmg editor I will be very interested to create my own pet from scratch.

by experimental pets do you mean ones you created or imported? And fully new pet from scratch would be an awesome idea to see
Posted at 03-22-18, 02:15 am Link | #23
Flipend0 GM

by experimental pets do you mean ones you created or imported? And fully new pet from scratch would be an awesome idea to see

A bit of both, however I am actually not creating or importing them, a content member is doing that instead , I just help out.
Posted at 03-23-18, 07:11 pm Link | #24
Rais

Last post: 2370 days
Last view: 2233 days
Would it be possible to change pet's summon time? I find the constraint detracts from gameplay and I'd be super happy to not have to worry about leaving my horse unsummoned.

What would it take to be apart of your team? I love mabi, have been playing since the open beta, and have many ideas I'd love to see in the game, like a rework of the nightmare event, or the squires.
Posted at 03-23-18, 07:28 pm Link | #25
Flipend0 GM

Would it be possible to change pet's summon time? I find the constraint detracts from gameplay and I'd be super happy to not have to worry about leaving my horse unsummoned.

What would it take to be apart of your team? I love mabi, have been playing since the open beta, and have many ideas I'd love to see in the game, like a rework of the nightmare event, or the squires.

Yeah, it should be possible, they're defined in the XML. We're not sure if we'll touch it. I guess Arisa will have to decide if that will be a Content Polls type of thing.

If you want to join the MabiPro development team, just ask Drahan and show him your portfolio work.
Here's what we're looking for:

Skills we need:
Web Development (Golang / PHP)
SQL Knowledge (crafting complex queries and stored procedures for MSSQL)
Windows Application development (C#, C++, C, or Golang)
X86 Reverse Engineering (Ability to understand and override low level code)
Networking (Specifically high level mabinogi protocol and how the client and server interact with each other)
Networking (Specifically low level transport protocols)
General Programmers (C#, C++, C, Golang, PHP - not specifically relevant to any platform)
Posted at 03-25-18, 06:06 am Link | #26
Rais

Last post: 2370 days
Last view: 2233 days
I'll talk to him next time I'm in game. I have experience with SQL and java. C++ is love cause of pointers. I had a class on php, and am not too scared of it, love learning new things.

I would personally love to keep my horse with me at all times. He's so useful and carries my camping equipment. Plus it'd be much more rp friendly...though level 200 pets would be kinda broke.
Posted at 05-15-18, 02:02 pm Link | #27
Saileach

Last post: 2319 days
Last view: 2152 days
Your thoughts on porting the game to an easier to use engine?

Did you play Ragnarok?

Can I play with the SQL queries? I'm good with Access.
Terms