Windmill Training
Posted at 03-12-18, 11:32 pm Link | #1
annavon

Last post: 200 days
Last view: 27 days
With how it is now, it’s near impossible to rank Windmill fully without CP gears. This is true even for new players below level 100 who are already finding that bears are the only close enough bet to meet the boss requirement.

Trying to limit your CP just to be able to rank a skill isn’t the only issue though; the sheer amount of times you need to use the skill in order to get one requirement done is exhausting. With other combat skills, it makes sense to have the requirements rely on you defeating a lot of enemies since it’s your main attacking skill; you’re using it more often. Windmill, on the other hand, is meant as a utility skill, something to be used to control groups of monsters or as a last resort to avoid getting hit.

The amount of available points from completed requirements is also very limited compared to other skills, forcing the player into either completing a majority of the tedious requirements or give up trying. For example, the total available points to get Combat Mastery from Rank 2 to Rank 1 is 1235%, as only getting 100% is required, ranking the skill can be done easily without needing to ever look at the requirements. For a human, going from Windmill Rank 2 to Rank 1 can only be done with the available 140%, this only allows for a 40 point flexibility in-between completing requirements. With Elf players it’s even harder to rank with only a 27.5 point leeway so any requirement left uncompleted will more or less make Windmill unobtainable.

Most people aiming to rank this skill are lower-levels and not veterans since this is such a hard skill to rank otherwise and yet it still proves near impossible. Giving a small increase to the number of points received per requirement or reducing the number of times needed to finish a requirement would go a long way to making Windmill obtainable.

I'm not trying to disregard the hard work that other players put in to fully ranking Windmill and I don't want Windmill to be 'easy' to obtain, I just want it to become more obtainable without needing to rely on CP gear to get the required strong/awful/boss kills.
Posted at 03-13-18, 01:56 am Link | #2
Alder The LoreKeeper

Last post: 2066 days
Last view: 2038 days
If it wasnt so powerful it wouldnt have such hard requirements, it literally breaks the combat system by breaking enemy AI, it has a HUGE range, gives I-frames, and can be used to solo just about any content. If you to change training to be any better than it is currently, it would need to be nerfed to make up for it.
Posted at 03-13-18, 03:02 am Link | #3
Voz

Last post: 2209 days
Last view: 2072 days
I do agree with you on the CP part because I do feel like the -CP gears should be little more accessible like maybe throw in the Jackal/Raccoon Cub outfits in the gachapons or some sort of event as it would help a lot with training the windmill, actually... but that’s all I feel is necessary for training the windmill right now.

Maybe the GMs could change up the requirement to make windmill little less tedious but it would also be up to the players to vote and decide.
post rev. 1 by Kakusha on 03-13-18, 08:24 am
Posted at 03-13-18, 08:17 am Link | #4
Kakusha

Last post: 1001 days
Last view: 389 days
I'm with Oak. But also, you don't need to use -CP gears to train Windmill; myself and many others did it in the early days of this server before there was any readily available -CP gear.

Elf Windmill is a pain, but moreso because Elves have a 50% damage nerf and no Dual-wield option.

Everything doesn't have to be rank 1-able in a day just like live. It just takes some effort here.

If you really need a little -CP, go and run some Karu and hunt Difficult (rank A Suffix) that has -100 CP and slap it on some light armor.

Edit: Further suggestion, The Other Alchemist has golems that only have ~190hp on Basic and very high CP. That's where I used to get my Boss kill requirements.
Posted at 03-13-18, 01:43 pm Link | #5
Dalvurk

Last post: 1996 days
Last view: 1705 days
i think there is something that would repair windmill. instead of Defeat there should be Attack. and BOOM problem solved.
Posted at 03-14-18, 01:34 am Link | #6
Stilva

Last post: 639 days
Last view: 305 days
Pick two~
1. Unnerf wm for elf, they already get no strength so this is ironically overkill
2. Make easier to train.
3. Add a 5-10s cooldown to it or remove the iframes

*Puffs invisible cigar* Ah, empty dreams.
Posted at 03-14-18, 01:52 am Link | #7
Primate

Last post: 537 days
Last view: 80 days
i did hobgoblins for my cp requirements without cp gear
Posted at 03-15-18, 08:26 am Link | #8
MarkasUrthadar

Last post: 1998 days
Last view: 1313 days
I think it is a very good skill, I'd say make it same across all all 3 races would be easiest, as humans and elves need to train it for 8x more than giants. Maybe give giants harder training and humans and elves easier. Somewhere in between of them?
Posted at 03-15-18, 10:25 am Link | #9
Kakusha

Last post: 1001 days
Last view: 389 days
I don't know, Elves are getting screwed anyway, so make their training the same as humans sure.
But Giants have to also master Stomp as quickly as possible really too, and they only really have melee, whereas humans and elves can both utilize ranged properly too.
But the training for Windmill is fine on humans, the skill is brilliant at rank 1, so the training needs to reflect that.
Posted at 03-15-18, 09:55 pm Link | #10
ihzi

Last post: 1822 days
Last view: 35 days
I got to rank 1 wm with no help on a fresh human with no gear and it took me less than 4 days of dedicated grinding. It's easy. For elves it's garbage though and like others I agree it's overkill to have it so difficult.

If you prioritize wm it is easy to grind for new characters. Use finish rules on higher cp mobs in SMs if you messed up and didn't do it first. If you waited til you are 1200+ CP to get rank 1 then you are in a feasible position to craft -cp gear. Why not just play the game. It doesn't always need to be given to you on a silver platter. Also imo having to make use of more resources like -cp gear is good for the game. Otherwise it's just obsolete content. Just my 2 cents.
Posted at 09-24-18, 09:26 pm Link | #11
Yoshirou

Last post: 2024 days
Last view: 1428 days
Part of the beauty of windmill and skills in Mabinogi is the difficulty in grinding it the server practically gives you 2x - 4x the rate of training experience.

If you make it the first skill you level with critical hit you should be fine to grind it in Tir Nagog with Zombies. That is what I did back in G1 in the old Mabi days way before CP gear came out and if you have already levelled up too much then getting CP gear is not that hard, and the potions which are cash shop are free and farmable on this server which is fantastic.

You also have shadow missions that make grinding WM even easier if you have a friend to get the kills for you and let you finish, the options are there. I think grinding WM on this server is easy enough making it any easier takes away the beauty of earning it.

Trust me there is something beautiful about earning skill ranks in this game its part of what makes it so enjoyable and separates players.
Posted at 09-25-18, 08:44 pm Link | #12
Alistine

Last post: 1762 days
Last view: 1621 days
I'm pretty sure you can get all the training you need from ToA basic/int if you haven't done any other skills. Hell you can probably solo adv if you have ranked stuff. This might be a matter of lack of knowledge rather than the skill actually being difficult to train since AFAIK nobody has made a guide on cp to hp efficiency to density yet.
Posted at 09-27-18, 06:06 pm Link | #13
Blighty

Last post: 1837 days
Last view: 1250 days
I do believe it's possible since I did it with a human and no help. Just relevant knowledge such as dual wielding upgraded gladius and CP mob calculators and astral patch mod which reveals CP in game. I highly recommend it.

I mean

Am pure mage
Posted at 09-27-18, 09:05 pm Link | #14
Kurian

Last post: 2027 days
Last view: 2018 days
If I can rank up windmill the completely stupid way, I'm sure anyone can rank it up really. That being said it's still a nightmare to deal with.
Posted at 09-29-18, 01:30 am Link | #15
Jean

Last post: 2028 days
Last view: 816 days
Why was this topic necro'd?
Posted at 09-29-18, 01:55 am Link | #16
KurodoDragon

Last post: 1998 days
Last view: 385 days
Why was this topic necro'd?

Because it's not against the forum rules.
Posted at 11-26-18, 05:07 am Link | #17
Trance

Last post: 1620 days
Last view: 887 days
I got rank 1 windmill before hitting level 100 with no -CP gear. Just go to tir na nog and windmill zombies.
Terms