Artifact Exploration Guide in Cor (rev. 1 by Anarkist333 on 04-19-18, 08:08 am)
Posted at 04-19-18, 08:08 am Link | #1
Anarkist333

Last post: 1366 days
Last view: 60 days
Have you ever been hunting Artifacts in Cor, and then the chest despawns IMMEDIATELY after you find it? Of course you have, it happens to everyone. This is a guide to help make sure this happens less often to you as you gather the precious artifacts.

Well... maybe not a guide per say. Rather, just an explanation of how exactly the mechanic works...

The thing to note is that unlike exploration in the other 3 main areas, the despawn time is not dependent on the explored item itself, but rather on the area you're in.

For each major Artifact hotspot in Cor (the town, the swamp, etc), there is a global timer set to about one minute (maybe a little more, maybe a little less, I have yet to actually time the thing exactly, but I keep the 'one minute' rule in my head), when this timer goes off, every chest that is spawned in the area is immediately despawned, no matter how long ago it is discovered. This is done because Devcat knew artifact hunting is a major exploration exp giver, and so with this happening, literally 50+ people could search for artifacts at the same time with no issues, as when the chest despawns, it is immediately placed in a new discovery spot for someone else to find. With only a 1 min time period, it would be impossible for every chest to be discovered at once, and thus people could still search for more.

Anyway, what does this mean? Well, you may keep this in you head as you hunt, keeping a mental log of how much time has passed in order to hunt for artifacts easier. Counting is annoying so i dont recommend doing that, but if you get used to the 'feel' of the timing it, you can guess when it will despawn. Other than that, you could go the full try hard route and actually keep a timer up to keep an eye on this much easier. If you do this, please post the exact time. I believe it is 1 minute exactly, but sometimes it seems longer or shorter. It may be the server destability affects the time sometimes i don't know...

With this in mind, that annoying despawning chest situation becomes much easier to deal with, and much less stressful. Have fun hunting!
Terms