Honor weapons as the official Mabipro anniversary reward
Posted at 10-15-18, 01:26 am Link | #1
OniZero

Last post: 1774 days
Last view: 1765 days
Note: This is a suggestion, is not like i'm demanding for this to be included, i just thought of them being neat-looking rewards
Since it's possible now to add custom weapons, i'd like to suggest the Honor gear from Spiral Knights as the official Mabipro anniversary reward, they work both ways they look cool and they are just reskins of regular gear so they can work both as ornaments and also usable gear. To be honest, it has more chance of getting in that NPC gear that gives custome animations... although they having Spiral Knights custom animations for the regular attacks while using one weapon alone/with a shield would be fancy too
Those are uncraftable re-skins of the calibur craftingline which makes them perfect as rewards, also i just realized how borderline identical tempered calibur and ascended calibur are they are normal speed and hit three times, the first one could be daggers, the second short swords, the third long swords and the fourth two-handed swords
Those are the uncraftable re-skins of the Defender craftingline I just realized that there's nothing noteworthy on having small shields in mabinogi unless i suggest the swiftstrike buckler which gimmick is that despite having a low defense, it'll increase the speed of your attacks... at least they look fancy
And this stand if the ever remote chance of Homestead being implemented happens
Sorry elf users but i doubt dual guns are a thing here yet although there are no honor reskin for guns, i tried to get inspiration from SMT: Imagine before suggesting the Honor gear but most of the weapons there are too futuristic-looking
post rev. 1 by Alistine on 10-15-18, 06:17 am
Posted at 10-15-18, 06:16 am Link | #2
Alistine

Last post: 1768 days
Last view: 1627 days
Currently all they can do is import items from live for now as I dont think they've finished figuring out how to make the software work with mabi's client, and creating custom content like this likely would take a very large amount of time even when they get it working so I'm willing to bet that this kind of thing isn't something that will even be considered for a while.
Posted at 11-28-18, 04:59 am Link | #3
Arisa GM

Last post: 1107 days
Last view: 75 days
We are able to make custom items, and we have quite a few of them in the game already.
Posted at 11-28-18, 06:39 am Link | #4
Frobozz

Last post: 1629 days
Last view: 992 days
Currently all they can do is import items from live for now as I dont think they've finished figuring out how to make the software work with mabi's client, and creating custom content like this likely would take a very large amount of time even when they get it working so I'm willing to bet that this kind of thing isn't something that will even be considered for a while.
We are able to make custom items, and we have quite a few of them in the game already.
I think here is a different idea of what is considered custom content. They have created custom items, but as far as I know the only ones currently released in game use existing models and meshes to create a new item from those pieces. By that definition we do in fact have quite a few custom items. However if we go by the definition of custom content where the item, model and meshes are all new to Mabinogi, I don't think we really have any of that. There may be some recently made that are infact completely new models thanks to the PMG Editor 2 that the dev team has. But most models currently in were made using the old pmg editor, which means they are mostly stitched together models from elsewhere. Take for example, the spear of ice. Its a trinity staff with the head removed, flipped upside-down and a ice pole shrunken down to use as the Spear tip. A custom item, but also not one making use of new, never before seen models.

Some things, like the dragon line of weapons, or the Silver Sword of the Shining Forest, were found items in the game files that were never used but brought to life by the team. At the moment with the existing old pmg editor available to the public making high quality models isn't really possible. They phase out when you get to close to the model, or have horrible texture stretching because the UVs didn't hold up through the file conversion to a PMG.

I'm hopeful that the new editor fixes the problem of the old one, and we can see proper models created custom for Mabipro imported into the game. At the moment, things like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oVPl2P3IN0 may look good but falls apart upon close scrutiny of the models quality.
Posted at 12-22-18, 04:30 am Link | #5
Russet

Last post: 1617 days
Last view: 790 days
As it is right now, i have made a guide on the "mabipro development" discord about how to import custom meshes into mabipro as pmg swaps, with further help one could easily impliment custom meshes as new items.

but its probably be wise to avoid items that could be easily pointed too for copywright so please now master swords ripped right from the game files from the legend of zelda ouo;;
post rev. 1 by OniZero on 02-02-19, 08:55 pm
Posted at 02-01-19, 07:42 pm Link | #6
OniZero

Last post: 1774 days
Last view: 1765 days
As it is right now, i have made a guide on the "mabipro development" discord about how to import custom meshes into mabipro as pmg swaps, with further help one could easily impliment custom meshes as new items.

but its probably be wise to avoid items that could be easily pointed too for copywright so please now master swords ripped right from the game files from the legend of zelda ouo;;
In japan some games, even online ones have bootleg gear/weapons from licensed games to bypass that
https://onigiri.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Sword

Or even reference the character/weapon the user re-skinned the character to look like dante
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGDrXmxCr2s

So, as long as it doesn't resemble the original too much, then i think japan will just let it slide

That's why i suggested gear from an obscure online game that even Sega abandoned, i'd suggested this from Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine since the server is dead but it was a high poly weapon http://megaten.sesshou.com/wiki/index.php/Circulator

EDIT: Besides, we already got stuff from Re:Suffering, Unlimited Meme Works, etc. i doubt there will be any trouble if we basically get every bit of gear and furniture from every licensed source into the game.
Terms