Event mobs being turned into holiday exclusive pets/partners (rev. 4 by OniZero on 06-16-19, 10:45 am)
Posted at 10-19-18, 03:38 pm Link | #1
OniZero

Last post: 1747 days
Last view: 1738 days
Note/Disclaimer: This is a suggestion, is not like i'm demanding or threatening people for this to be included, i just thought of them being neat-looking rewards

Edit1: I had time to think on this so i'm going to also include regular mobs for the sake of convenience. WARNING this will most likely be a wall of text
Edit2: Probably most likely my final edit

Let's split mobs on categories (i.e. Wolves, Humans, Zombies, Alchemists, etc) now, let's gather all wolves, skeleton wolves, dogs, coyotes and dingoes who have regular melee skills (Smash, Defense, Counter) and the ones with extra skills (heavy stander, mana deflector, natural shield, etc.) add-in rest (because everyone needs rest) and you create a generic skillset for almost every canine, "what about Fenrir? that one has an unique moveset." Well, it can be another pet entirely

If the mob in question have very limited skillset but the skills are different for the variants then you can release only a definitive version with the every skill of every type, for those who have a large skillset then they can be their own pet/partner and for those mobs have a wide range of weaponry like the skeletons or some humanoid mobs, then they can be turned into partners and only allow them to learn the skills that every one of their type know along with every gear that the mob/boss version can use, basically goblins, skeletons and whatnot would use one handed blunt/axe weps along with a shield or bows and arrows

Ok, lets say everything goes fine and dandy, how would just having one mob representing a lot of variants? well, recycle this, if pets RB is a thing, if not, then it should be.
and every of those slots would be for a variant then you would pick the color if allowed

To prevent redundancy, you can also grant special perks related to the type that the reskin/variant is, for example skeleton wolves can be faster that regular wolves, bettle wolves can have more HP, stone hounds get more Protection or not, they can also be for fashion.

Sadly this leaves me in a bit of a bind since i've just realized that beings like Heathcliff and Trickster might as well be re-skins due not having unique moves, Belisha, Returned Trickster are technically safe from that, but they don't really have enough amount of skills and even then they would need to have unique skills to not be just more re-skin material
Terms