○∞ Might you be prepared for a dive into the past? ∞○
A strange and ominous structure has appeared over Uladh, and unearthly rumblings emit from the sea.
It is as though a gentle force calls from a distant memory, tugging you toward Emain Macha...
Yet where have the Renegades gone all this time?
- The Apocrypha 2 story is active!
- Log in while above level 20 to receive the starting quest, "Arisen Anew".
- Requires you to have visited Emain Macha before.
- Sky Palace, Mag Itha awaits...
- A massive, ever-shifting dungeon constructed of memories, it has been hovering above Sen Lake for some time and only now do the gates begin to open.
- Sky Palace is entered using Memory Shards, which allow you to choose a special character to enter with.
- This character is then saved upon completion of each chunk of the Palace.
- Beware, for the memories are fragile and if unable to be revived by a player or other mechanic, the shard must shatter!
- However, doing this will allow you to inherit all the EXP and Gold gained within. Pick up a new shard and try again!
- Sky Palace is intended for parties of 3, but may be entered with less. However, it is not recommended to enter alone due to difficulty.
- Requires completion of "Arisen Anew" to enter.
- Many new items, clothing, and weapons can be found within by collecting Relic Orbs.
- Dyfnfor, the Undersea Bridge, is open!
- A unique dungeon that traverses the ocean, you may find the entrance in Port Cobh.
- Its difficulty is primarily that of "intermediate" levels. More advanced characters may feel confident alone.
- Defeating enemies at the sea floor will eventually cause a boss to appear.
- Mining may be performed at the sea floor.
- Could there be an entrance to the Deep Trench..?
- Merchant Destiny has been added!
- Select it upon rebirth and you will be able to gain a training bonus for life skills!
- Apologies, this detail was accidentally omitted from the patch notes previously. It was overlooked due to the size of the update. Please understand.
- The Skill Advancement system renovation has begun! Visit the Arena in Emain Macha.
- You are now able to take Dan Exams for most of the day when they are active, instead of a set timeframe.
- Dan Exams now have higher minimum scores, but can be entered alone or with up to 6 people.
- For now, only Dan 1 is available. This is because the ranks themselves have been overhauled to provide minor skill boosts, subject to further balancing.
- Guard Cylinders!
- You may purchase a basic Guard Cylinder from alchemy shops in Taillteann or Tara and equip it like a shield.
- While using one without a Primary Cylinder, only Water Cannon, Wind Blast, Flame Burst, and Sand Burst are available.
- Because it is easier to load crystals, it is possible to prepare the above skills even while being attacked or in a combo with the end of another skill.
- Using Dual Cylinders effectively requires the mastery to do so...
- Some beta/removed Skills have been recovered and implemented!
- Restoration: Ask Agnes in Emain Macha about Skills
- Dual Cylinder Mastery: Ask Tiarnan in Dunbarton about Skills
- Spirit Weapon Transfer has been added!
- By bringing the requisite items to Tarlach, he will assist you in transforming your Spirit Weapon into a new weapon if desired.
- These items may be purchased from Berched, or rarely found in Mag Itha.
- Be warned that you may lose up to 3 levels per stat while the transfer is performed.
- Upon transfer, your spirit will be confused and take some time to settle on its true knowledge levels. During this time, you will see strange and exponential level growth until it has recovered its identity.
- Spirits may inhabit new weapons including Naginata, Oriental Sabre, Wildwood Glaive, Wildwood Crossbow, Dragon Sword, Dragon Bow, Gentle Soul Dreamcatcher, Life Exploration Fishing Rod, Banana Bow, and a few items new to A2.
Keep in mind that this is one of the most ground-breaking updates we have ever had at MabiPro, and it is likely that bugs will exist. Balance changes may also need to be made as necessary to ensure the best possible experience. Rest assured we will be doing our best to solve these as they arise. Please report them to GMs in a friendly manner, and we will resolve them over time!
- Tougher things on the horizon...
- Sky Palace floors beyond 50.
- Deep Sea Rift upper difficulties.
- Special Upgrades for new items. (Let us know which ones you'd like to see!)
- Rematches with certain story bosses.
- More skill uncaps and Dan ranks and maybe some surprises.
- A new Raid. No doors this time.
- The biggest, freakiest nightmare monster.
2 comments (last by Fruttielicious). Log in to post a comment.
It has been a long time since any official mention of the next content update in any serious capacity, but today we are proud to announce to all of our wonderful players old, new, returning and current what we have worked so tremendously hard on all this time. We are very grateful and hope you are as excited as we are!!
A2 is expected to be released this month!
(We are aware the video is bugged on the main page. Watch it on the post!)
2 comments (last by Onionknightt). Log in to post a comment.
We're proud to announce that MabiPro is back online after the problems we faced two weeks ago! Our databases were alright and everything should be making a full recovery, though during this time some things may not be functioning correctly and we're working to get everything back to normal.
Due to unrelated circumstances, we can no longer use the mabinogi.ir domain, and will now be using mabi.pro instead. For this reason, you will need to download the new MabiPro Launcher version 2.2 to be able to connect to the game. To update your launcher, download the new launcher executable and insert it into your MabiPro installation directory.
We'd like to thank everyone for their patience with these issues we've encountered, and Drahan especially for his perseverance in restoring MabiPro.
The ongoing content poll will soon be concluded and addressed as normal.
- Changed backend patching server from mabinogi.ir to mabi.pro.
- There is now a close button in the launcher window.
It is now possible to set the version number from within the launcher for manual patching, which previously required a hex editor.
- It is now possible to tell the launcher to download patches which are considered obsolete, which is how the launcher behaved before version 2.1.
- A button has been added that will delete any existing patch files that are producing the "patch files already exist!" error.
- An interface has been added to easily adjust game settings that require changes to the game's files themselves. This feature will be activated in the near future, without requiring a launcher update.
- Functionality has been added for the launcher to prevent starting the game between the beginning of a game server update maintenance and the issuance of a mandatory patch.
- The appearance of the loading bar has been overhauled.
- ○∞ Above the highest misty peak. ∞○
1 comment (by hitokirinn). Log in to post a comment.
Content Poll #5
Posted on 06-28-19, 09:24 am by Arisa
It's time for Content Poll #5! The questions will be posted below in advance of voting beginning. Unless specified otherwise, all questions can be answered with Yes or No, and you will be free to skip any of them that you're not sure about. Voting will begin ingame on June 30. As usual, for a question to pass, at least 75% of voters must have said Yes. Skipping questions does not count as a No vote. For questions with multiple contextualized Yes or No answers, the Yes answer with the most votes will be certified if the question passes, and the No answer with the most votes will be certified if the question fails.
Please note that votes are always thoroughly audited and that voting with alts is not allowed.
The first question is about the Ideal Types system in G2. The current system has been criticized for making very specific demands, which may be difficult to fulfill on servers with lower populations. We propose broadening these demands so that they are easier to fulfill.
○∞ Wind tasting of past meeting present. ∞○
Should "Ideal Types" in G2 be adjusted to a simpler format that is easier to complete?
Should we reduce the cooldown for Giant Throwing Attack from 25 seconds to 7 seconds?
Should the Avon Mission "Fortinbras Expedition" be adjusted to make it more practical to complete?
Should transforming restore hunger?
Should the stack size of taming bait be increased from 10 to 50?
Should the stack sizes of silk and fabric be increased from 10 to 20?
Should the stack sizes of HP, MP and SP potions created with the Potion Making skill (therefore not including 10 and 30 potions) be increased from 10 to 20?
The next question is graphics-related and will decide what to do with Manus and Bebhinn's portraits:
In the North American localization of Mabinogi, Bebhinn's and Manus's portraits and models were replaced with black versions of the characters. MabiPro is based on the Japanese localization of Mabinogi and uses the original portraits and models for Bebhinn and Manus. Should we use the North American versions instead?
- Yes, replace the current Bebhinn and Manus with the North American versions of the characters
- Yes, as above, and reuse the original portraits to create new NPCs
- Yes, but the North American portraits should be introduced as new NPCs with new names
- No, do not use the North American portraits
Should the rate at which alchemy upgrades are discovered be increased significantly?
Should Shyla open a weekly red coin shop, which offers a different group of items every week? The items will be able to be bought individually; not exclusively as a bundle or gachapon.
If question 10 is accepted, should Shyla discontinue selling seasonal and commodity gachapon, provided all their items could appear in the weekly shop?
- No, but reduce their prices
- No, and leave their prices unchanged
Should race restrictions be removed from summoning?
Should a red coin bag be added and made available from the auction house? It would take up 2x2 inventory slots and be able to store 2000 red coins.
Should conventional gathering give experience?
Question 15 is a purely cosmetic change suggested by some players:
Should a human using Ranged Attack always hold their bow vertically, and an elf using Ranged Attack always hold their bow horizontally?
Should food items be balanced so earlier ranking items don't outperform later ranking items?
Should the duration of all pet timers for Nexon pets be increased by 50%? This change would not affect pets exclusive to MabiPro.
Should the Wind Blast skill be adjusted to have damage values present in Nexon's Mabinogi?
Should the aim % for long-ranged attacks change colors or flash when it reaches 99%?
Should new characters be given a dialog allowing them to choose between recieving the current starter skills, or recieving an AP bonus equivalent to the AP value of the current starter skills?
Feel free to discuss these questions in the comments of this post or on Discord! Voting will begin ingame on June 30, and continue for at least a week.
13 comments (last by SparkLife). Log in to post a comment.
the Dragon Boat Racing Event will be taking place.
Head on over to La Terra Highlands, grab an oar, and race against the clock to earn fabulous prizes!
Don't forget, hobgoblins will attack you from all angles and try to hop on your boat to spoil your fun. Take them out quickly!
- Event starts at La Terra Highlands Rafting Dock
- Speak to the NPC to receive a dragon boat.
- Up to 8 players can ride on the boat
- Receive a prize for completing the race in under 8 minutes.
- ○∞ Yet below the yearned-for point of ruby finality. ∞○
No comments yet. Log in to post a comment.